Excelling in Customer Experience
Our client is one of the major European Telecommunications Operators. Customer experience excellence is the pillar of its business strategy, gathering large and small companies around the globe, matching aptitudes and innovations, to provide prospects and customers with the latest and best services.
- A target of 2.8 million small and medium businesses.
- New partner program structure.
- Comprehensive range of documents and marketing deliverables.
- Better buying experience.
New routes to market.
Like many telecommunications companies, our client decided to move into the service business and launched a business applications marketplace.
The original strategy was to activate the very successful direct salesforce and select distributors to target potential new buyers. Alinea Partners was brought in initially to develop a partner program.
Setting the stage for sustainable growth in partner programs.
With our client, we considered core strengths, customer value and comfort zone for its new marketplace and make a few observations.
- Historically and to date, the direct salesforce successfully sold telecommunications services. They had no experience in and potentially no interest in selling cloud solutions or business applications.
- The small medium and business market was still in need of education. Purchasing business applications online was not yet the norm and sales cycles for everyone in business to business, were longer than ideal.
- Large software vendors had been in the cloud services business already for a considerable amount of time. Based on our experience with some of these companies over the years, we thought this was a goal that we should achieve without going through all of the steps that other companies had already taken.
- Many of the above companies had already been working on transitioning the traditional channel to be able to take on cloud based business applications. A nontraditional route to market would make them better solution providers, partners and competitors and enable them to offer a better buying experience.
After considering these observations as well as the original strategy, we recommended a new approach.
- Identification of a percentage of high performing and services-inclined direct sales team members. Run a thorough sales enablement program and incentive.
- Rethink the traditional software channel and identify companies and organizations with transformational behaviors to approach with an offer to work together. Do this through proper profiling.
- Create an outline of core elements of an asile partner program designed to attract these potential partners via a series of pre sets and tests.
- Look for program-market fit. Test the strategy, approach and Partner Program outline with identified partners during Cebit in Hanover Germany.
- Complete the program with new partner feedback.
- Make this partner feedback process an ongoing part of the program.
- The partner feedback on the program was very positive. They had identified the right partner “personas”, the right program elements and value proposition. Top points were given for involving them in the process upfront.
- Strategic Approach and Recommendations.
- Project Plan.
- Internal Briefing Document for Business Unit alignment.
- Value Proposition for Partners and Buyers.
- Ideal Partner Persona Description.
- Asile Partner Program outline.
- Partner Presentation Document.
- Pilot Partner Group Development and Moderation at and post meeting.
- Feedback and Recommendations from Partners.
- Outline of Landing Page for early Partner Program sign-up.
- Direct Sales Enablement Tools.
- Non-Technical Business Outcome focused Sales Enablement Guide.
A nontraditional approach that made sense to partners.
- A strategy and approach for getting to market faster and more efficiently.
- The value proposition was repositioned. The Business Marketplace was positioned to be sold based on a business value vs. a technical level.
- New potential channel partners were identified.
Partner program structure was developed – sign-up methodogy, benefits and requirements, accreditation, marketing requirements, etc.